Taiwan Day 2
Posted on Friday 18 January 2013 @ 02:11 with 0 comments

I am so slow with my blogposts, it's infuriating. I am so thankful for all you people who are still checking back to my blog even though I don't regulate often! It's like checking for your period, you're nervous when it doesn't come but then you're happy when it finally arrives but then you're sad again because it's your period. I know, Natalie Tran owned my mind.

This is about my Taiwan trip I embarked on during December of 2012!

Check out Day 1 here!


Me, blurry, at 7am in the morning. The weather was quite cooling, 13 degrees Celsius so I had my adorable Gap pullover that was really in trend 3 years or so, in fact it fit me better now, with a T-shirt length.

My hair hasn't dried yet though, it was still damp.


Another one lol, see my face confirm wake up already. LOL ok just kidding, I meant it in a bad way anyway.

The thing about this holiday was that I was in a rush for these two days because there was a bus to bring us to the amusement park and I had to rush and rush and so these were the only photos I took in the morning.


One act very wise. Last self-absorbed photo, don't close my blog yet!


One in the hotel lobby. I lied that it was the last self-absorbed photo, this is the last one. REALLY. I didn't even bother editing anything so you can see my bloated face after all the food yesterday and sleeping right after because I was so damn tired.


Mom and bro enjoying the cold Taichong wind.

Anyway we went to Leofu Amusement Park and it's like on a freaking mountain, which I don't understand. Why can't it just be near a city? It's very ulu and it took 2 hours on a tourist bus to reach there, but the weather there is colder because of the altitude so it was so cooling and cold, better than the hot Singapore here.
Just typing this makes me miss the weather la!


Oh it's Leofoo Village, not Leofu.


Some game stalls and the upcoming water park that is still closed. I also assume it's closed during winters because how the hell are you going to strip naked and play in cold waters in 7 degree winds?
Unless you have like seventeen layer of fat insulators.


Really cheap gloves. You can even see all the fur coming out. NEW HASHTAG, #gotd gloves of the day. Only applicable in wintering countries.


FRIED CHICKEN. KHLSDHGBJKSHBGSDHG. Ok, I really like their fried chicken because it's a whole piece and it's really cheap I think 45 yen which is SGD $1.90 and it's a big piece of chicken! It has bones and stuff though, so if you're a kid then I don't really recommend you eat it with your milk teeth. Ask your mommy to tear out the breast parts!


These three waterfalls are where I look at to see the wind direction. LOL I'm a geography student so I'm interested in how the wind keeps changing. #nerdmode


The entrance to their 'America' section of the park. Everything is so westernized and old and looks very cheap. LOL.


If you've been to Legoland, there's this dinosaur ride there. This is similar, except 3x scarier because it brings you on the fall twice and the falls here are almost directly vertical so the adrenaline rush is fucking amazing. The thing about Taichong children is that they are SO brave, they sit on the ride ALONE and they're like 5, or 6. And they don't scream when they drop, they laugh.

Bro says it's because they're still too young to feel anything but I mean confirm they'll feel it right? Fucking brave, much braver than me confirm.


In case you don't know what this is, IT'S A DRAMA SERIES FILMING!!! I was like who the fuck films here, but it's quite pretty and I was like running over to see who were the actresses and stuff. The female lead was cute but the male was downright ew, I mean to me la.

I almost ran in and wanted to tell the camera, 'HI I'M FROM SINGAPORE AND READ MY BLOG FATSOULS.BLOGSPOT.COM AND I ALSO ACT SO GET ME ON YOUR SHOW' but of course, I must control myself.


THIS RIDE. is damn fun. IS DAMN FUN. Like it spins you 360 degrees in the air and it looks pretty scary, like those that you would vomit right after but it's fun if you're the average teenager! But my mum took the ride too and she was laughing so I guess if you have cool mums who love adrenaline rushes then this ride is good for you!

Again, the children are damnnnnn crazy. I wouldn't say they are brave for taking this ride, but they were all exclaiming in Chinese to their friends like, "我坐了七次了,再来再来" which means... "OMG I TOOK THE RIDE 7 TIMES LETS TAKE AGAIN OMG WE'RE FUCKING CRAZY"

Ok maybe they didn't exclaim they were crazy but seriously, 7 times.... These kids have too much energy.

There was another ride which I never took a picture of, but basically it was just barrels that rotate you round and round until you get dizzy. Of course, only the strong-hearted take it. Nah just kidding, it wasn't that bad, it's quite fun actually!

But I guess people can't hold onto their belongings. There was this girl who was riding it and her bag flew off and it was so damn freaking funny and we were laughing and she didn't even notice her bag dropped. Let's take a moment to imagine that.


Basically had fries there because most of the food didn't really appeal to me. Anyway, our family being our family, we didn't really ride any more rides because the others looked so kiddy or they looked too tiring so we just went to the area outside the Leofoo Park for the free wifi. kiasupeople.jpeg

I think the idea of wifi bracelets are really amazing. Just wear the bracelet and you'll have wifi wherever you go and you don't need to buy 3G cards and whatnot.



PONYYYYY. So adorable. This was at their animal section and the animals were damn cute. But there were some ponies attached to chains and they were just standing there waiting for people to ride them.
My heart broke... They looked so sad and tired and I said in English that they looked so sad but of course the trainers wouldn't understand English because it was in Taiwan.

Let me use this opportunity to say, DO NOT LET PONIES BE RIDDEN ON. They are too small and should only be used as petting animals. It pains me to see them so small and fragile and it's really heartbreaking. SAY NO TO PONY RIDING. RIDE A HORSE INSTEAD.


We were scheduled to go to Taipei 101 but it's so boring looking at the tower I can't even be bothered to go up the tower. Anyway, we had Thai food and the food pretty much sucked so I saw McDees and of course, being the fast food lover (fml) I went to snag McDees!

Now I love Singapore's Mcdonalds. Double mcspicy? Amazing. Taiwan's version of it is a spicy fried burger and it tastes like Zinger, which I hate and the patty is full of flour and it's mortally annoying. Their fries are pretty soggy, it does have a Mcdonalds feel to it though, but it's nowhere comparable to Singapore's.

That's pretty much the end of Day 2!


OK BYE

0Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hey there,
this is how I look like

Monthly Archives
May 2012

June 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

December 2012

January 2013

February 2013

March 2013

June 2013

February 2014


Recent Entries
  • Wrapping up 2012 with a smile
  • Taiwan Day 1
  • End of the world in 2012?
  • Inconsideration
  • 2012 CLASS BBQ
  • What are you living for?
  • Worst hair dye ever.
  • Learning how to golf (Part I)
  • Trip to Malay Village + Haji Lane
  • Basically about blogging


  • Instagram

    Instagram

    Twitter



    Nuffnang

    ← previousnext →
    Email at fatsoulsenquiries[at]hotmail.com yum.