Inconsideration
Posted on Tuesday 27 November 2012 @ 21:25 with 0 comments

Singapore's weather is so hot when it's not raining!! It's been some time since I updated this blog, but someone told me to blog constantly and I'm not doing anything now before my evening plans so why not?

Anyway, today's post is about how sometimes Singaporeans can be so INCONSIDERATE.

I was on the MRT(which is the public train service) and it was 6 and I had to travel past City Hall, which is the station everyone dreads because it's always crowded and it was rush hour so of course, there was alot of people at the station waiting. And I was queuing up to enter the train too, and it was so crowded.

So I had to skip around 4 trains because they were all too full to enter before I could get on one.

I think on the third train I missed, there was this aunty with her young daughter and she was waiting like everybody else. Nothing wrong right?

When the train came, she suddenly yanked her daughter's hand and rushed for it. And everyone of course stared at her in annoyance. One Indian lady in the queue gave her this look.


Yes, I know that's Tyra Banks.

And it wasn't so exaggerated but you get the idea right?

And she told the aunty this :

"You must get in line for the train like everyone else. You can't just cut the queue."

And of course, it was quite embarrassing for her, everyone looking at her and stuff and giving her the 'so rude' look.

And I'm sure any other person would just be like apologizing and getting back into queue or going to another train door to hide from stares but no.

This aunty just waved her hands nonchalantly and told the Indian lady, "TSK."

I was like, what-the-flying-fuck-so-rude, and the thing is her daughter was there and she was looking at all this happening in such an innocent way.

Ok aunty, first you just cut everyone's queue and secondly, you actually tsked the lady in such a rude way. And it wasn't the normal tsk tsk tsk, it was those over the top TSK that sounded like she was scolding someone for starting the Gulf War.

I was thinking about how her daughter must have been brought up. What if she, in the future, thinks it's okay to cut everyone's queues? What if she next time would be equally as rude to nice strangers?

Then you might ask me this :


Well if you had been there, you'd understand.

It makes me ashamed to say that like Singaporeans are so inconsiderate sometimes, not all, some. Cutting queues, don't let poor old makciks sit down, fart in trains, don't spray deodorant when using public transport, ok maybe the last two is not really that inconsiderate but you get the general idea.

Like the government or the MRT CEO (I don't know which one) spent so much money on stuff like caring for each other ads and the Dim Sum Dollies(DSD). I mean look at the DSD makeup, even more than wayang than wayang actresses. Confirm damn ex right, use so much product (even if you're using cheap China goods it's still alot.)

And Singaporeans still don't care.

WHY LIKE THAT? Couldn't find a meme for it so I have to write it in words.

Anyway bottom line is, don't be so inconsiderate.

PS : And to those people who argue, maybe that aunty is in a rush? Well, if she was in a rush, she can take a taxi right?! And then to those gekseh people who continue arguing that maybe she's too poor for it, then she can leave earlier right? Being in a rush doesn't give you a certificate to cut queues.

OK BYE


0Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hey there,
this is how I look like

Monthly Archives
May 2012

June 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

December 2012

January 2013

February 2013

March 2013

June 2013

February 2014


Recent Entries
  • 2012 CLASS BBQ
  • What are you living for?
  • Worst hair dye ever.
  • Learning how to golf (Part I)
  • Trip to Malay Village + Haji Lane
  • Basically about blogging
  • What Teens Face : DEPRESSION?
  • Harry Potter Exhibition
  • Meeting Michelle Phan
  • National Day Celebrations - 2012


  • Instagram

    Instagram

    Twitter



    Nuffnang

    ← previousnext →
    Email at fatsoulsenquiries[at]hotmail.com yum.