What are you living for?
Posted on Tuesday 6 November 2012 @ 06:13 with 0 comments

Hi guize, sorry for the tacky updates but I'm still happy you guys are checking back for updates for the past 2 weeks.

THIS WILL BE A WORDY POST, look for the bottom of this post for the new updates.

I see so many people tweeting sad tweets and it makes me think about one simple thing.

What are we living for?

Take a look at us teenagers, studying like crazy. When you reach Sec 3, you'll probably be faced with the fact that it's the start of this hard life. Before sec 3, you can probably slack and play and do whatever you want and it won't affect you as much.

Once you reach sec 3, if you're in NA, you probably will take N levels in the next year. Stress. If you're in Express, EVEN MORE STRESS, O levels next year.

And you know, if you screw up, you screw up. That's why everyone starts working harder.

Once you take your O's, the typical path is Poly. Or if you're super gekseh and smart, then you'll take the scholar's path, JC. And there's ITE also(which I don't look down ok) and you realize that you start working from there and getting your diplomas and stuff and then you start working until you die.

So what are we even living for? Is it to earn money and try to earn as much money because people say with money life is easy? I think it's funny how people just try and try and try all their lives to make money and it seems like the most important thing ever.

"Man spends his health working to earn money, and then spends money to repair his health.", a quote from Buddha I think, I'm not sure.

People always say, 'money can't get you happiness.' And it's kind of true and false because if you don't have money, how can you possibly survive? And even if you have money, it doesn't guarantee happiness(although it's better to ponder about these things in a penthouse in Orchard Road)

My route in life has always been the typical route, like try hard, do well at stuff, go to university and then go be a banker and lead a really boring life and it STILL is now, although I won't be a banker because my math sucks. Maybe a molecular microbiologist.

All I ever wanted to do in life is to be happy, to have connections and the most important, it's to not disappoint my parents. I don't get how people can screw their lives up when their parents are placing hopes on them. Like so 辜负 their expectations.

Anyway, the thing is, if we achieve all that, what comes next? They say life is a puzzle and you find the pieces yourself and I know I have to try and not whine like some baby but what if I don't ever find the pieces and just nothing comes after that?

I feel like that now, like nothing makes sense. I don't know why I'm here, what I'm doing here(playing Scramble 24/7) and what to expect now. It's like this hollow feeling and like there's nothing. It's the same feeling when I think what happens after you die. Will you become nothing?

Imagine if you were nothing. Nothing at all, you're not the person you are, you're not even a person or living or dead. You're just gone, you have no thoughts, you can't even think because you're not existent.

I don't know whether this feeling will go down, and it's not like I'm facing horrible problems currently but it's just... *sad face*

ANYWAY, I'm trying to look at the bright side and YES this is a short blogpost but I'll be baking a rainbow cake... again, hoping that it'll succeed and I guess if it succeeds I'll blog about it? But if it doesn't, then oh well. That is the new update if you like posts with pictures.



OK BYE
0Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hey there,
this is how I look like

Monthly Archives
May 2012

June 2012

July 2012

August 2012

September 2012

October 2012

November 2012

December 2012

January 2013

February 2013

March 2013

June 2013

February 2014


Recent Entries
  • Worst hair dye ever.
  • Learning how to golf (Part I)
  • Trip to Malay Village + Haji Lane
  • Basically about blogging
  • What Teens Face : DEPRESSION?
  • Harry Potter Exhibition
  • Meeting Michelle Phan
  • National Day Celebrations - 2012
  • T-ARA Hwayoung kicked out
  • Condo Viewing - Part 2


  • Instagram

    Instagram

    Twitter



    Nuffnang

    ← previousnext →
    Email at fatsoulsenquiries[at]hotmail.com yum.